Translate

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Keeping Organized


An artist who is consistent learns to keep tabs on the pastels used and keeps it to where he or she can be ready to order more of that pastel.  As I was in San Antonio via Greyhound, I saw an art Store that I said:  Ahaaha!  My chance to go visit a store that specializes for artist!  I must go!  So I walked the 6 blocks to and back in time for my departure on the layover and I was so glad I did.

I found Richeson pastels @ $45 and purchased the 24 half stick pastels that are part of the best of the crop!

As I continue to learn on a daily basis what I need to do to make myself a great artist, I found out that I must write down the number of each stamped paper of the pastel in a chart and refer to it when needing that color again.  So I also added the color swatch and then sprayed an acrylic sealant over the page to keep for future reference.

You know, when I think about organization, color and such, I think about God.  He created everything and how he kept it all organized is amazing!  He didn't create haphazardly.  He did things in order.  When I look at colors in nature, I see God's work and marvel.  When I walk my daily exercise, I can see blue/gray clouds one minute, then as the sun goes down, those same clouds become pink/rose in part.  Wow.  How God is so beautiful!  He is beautiful.  He is wonderful.  He is my Father.  I am beautiful because He is beautiful.  The more I hang around him, the more I learn from him, the more I become like him.

I encourage you to look around at the different shades of green when you are looking at the yard.  Blue greens in the shadows, yellow green in the sunlit yard.  What else can you find?

Prayer:
God, may we never forget who you are.  May we know you more and more each day as we ponder and meditate on your Word.  Give our hearts the inclination towards you so that we may be blessed and be a blessing.  May we honor you with who we are.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

Dinah Anaya

No comments:

Post a Comment