Translate

Friday, July 25, 2014

What to do with your Work

Ok, as an artist, you paint, you draw, you sketch and you work at your wonderful passion.  What do you do with all the body of work you create?  Well, you can look at it and hope someone wants to buy, you can stick it under the bed in your big black portfolio, you can give it away, you can auction it, you can donate it, or you can put it up on your wall.  You can pretend you own a gallery, or you can do it for real!  So what have I done? Well, here it is:(one wall)

Dinah Fine Art Gallery, Etc...

 



As you can see, this week I put my art and props up in my "Gallery".  Right now, its been a tough day for me because I have so many things to do.  As I write, I am hoping that it will clarify my mind.  I did write a 'to do' list last night and tried to be like Mary Kay who was very successful with that list and I would like to do the same.  One must keep prioritizing and praying for  direction from God.  Little by little as I write, you will understand my life.  You could call it a diary, i guess, and if Anne Frank could do it,  I can do it, too.  Her life was so much harder as a Jewish child facing a racial challenge and the fight to live, but she must have felt great relief as she wrote her story.  Writing helps face your challenges and challengers.  Have a wonderful day and I might come up later today to chat awhile again.  This is Day 1 still of posting?  I keep busy, but writing relaxes me very much.

Dinah Anaya

"To Do List"

  • Pack Lightly for upcoming trip
  • Keep next project on my mind:  Try Richard McKinley's method of watercolor and pastels.  (the French Watercolor Paper is waiting on my board, ready to go.
  • Continue to make Certificate of Authentications for each of my fine art
  • Transfer my written art log into an excel sheet
  • Continue my education in Artist Network TV shows
  • Be in prayer for my Mother-In-Law and her sons as she is in Rehab for a broken femur - 90 years old)
  • Make Spaghetti for my husband before he leaves for his hospital shift in caring for his mom
  • Don't do things that are dangerous to forget (I left the shower running today as I got distracted and started looking at my art and thinking of how a viewer sees my work and what it says about me as a person and my personality.) OMGoodness. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment