Translate

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Learning Something New





Good Afternoon.

These images are the preliminary studies as I get ready to try a new technique.  There is a Colorado image my youngest son, Ben, sent me recently and I am trying to recreate that.  As an artist, we learn to create with values, tones, tints and shades.  We learn to pick out a color scheme and also figure out which colors are going to go in the dominant and subordinate areas.  Then, above that, we do the extreme and color everything in the opposite color with watercolor, and then go over it with the opposite pastels like Mr. Richard McKinley does.  Now, I don't know how my work is going to come out, but I move forward to make sure that I at least try.  Usually, I am successful, but I have to know within me that there might be a failure where I did not execute my learned techniques well enough.  However, as I try, I am practicing something new.  When I feel that the work is successful, then a price tag can go on it.  :-)  That's the interesting part, along with the immense pleasure I feel in creating something beautiful or something with meaning.  There is so much to art, that it can overwhelm the mind as you reflect upon study, techniques and so forth.  I am experienced in art enough to understand that you will never stop growing or learning, and I like that.  So, here goes today's post.  Hope you have a wonderful day and I will post this link here to show you how values are created in watercolor.  I constantly am pulling up information that I want to get better at.

http://www.watercolorpaintingandprojects.com/basics/value-scale.html

Have an Artistic Day,
Know that you are loved today!
Dinah Anaya

No comments:

Post a Comment